Tuesday, September 22, 2009

California

I flew into Los Angeles yesterday morning and had two meetings and then drove to San Diego that night for a meeting today - then I will be heading home in the morning. I have never been impressed with Los Angeles, maybe because I've never been in the trendy, upper class areas - but I have to say I think San Diego is gorgeous. The weather is perfect, the beaches are beautiful and it seems much cleaner.

I am staying near the airport on Harbor Island. There must be a million sail boats around me. This is the view from my hotel room. there are probably 50 rows of boats just as crammed as these are...


Amazingly, I had some down time after my meeting today. I went to La Jolla Beach hoping to see some seals near the cliffs. It was too crowded and I didn't see any, but I did finish up a good book and spend some time laying out. Here are some pictures at the beach taken with my cell phone...








Later I went for a walk across the street from the hotel around the harbor. They had a perfect walkway with a view of downtown ahead.


You can see all the sailboats around - it was so pretty...

Here is a fuzzy picture of an aircraft carrier...

I am disappointed I didn't see any seals but overall its a gorgeous place - if you can put up with the traffic!

No comments:

Post a Comment