Saturday, July 25, 2009

Josh & Penny and Bumpa & Mickey

Last Thursday we got to see my "Bumpa" (my grandfather on my Mom's side) for the first time in a long time. It was the first time he met Maddy and believe it or not, it was the first time he's ever met Lilly. On Friday, Josh & Penny came up to spend the weekend and drive the kids back home. Our time was really limited with everyone since we had to be home at a decent hour to pack for our beach trip Saturday morning, but it was still really wonderful to see everyone.







Lilly and Maddy took turns riding Miss Pickles. We had to find something to occupy their time when they weren't on the pony. I think Maddy actually enjoyed this MORE than the pony ride.




Daddy tried it out, too.


We had some watermelon and Poppy shared some with the horses.



Then we went inside for a huge dinner and followed that up by playing some pool in the basement.



Josh, Penny, the kids, and Bump & Mic stayed through the weekend and it sounds like everyone had fun. Josh actually did some cowboy mounted shooting on Gambler (the horse eating the watermelon) and he was pretty darn good!

We sure wish everyone lived closer so we could visit more often, but hopefully we'll all get together again soon.

1 comment:

  1. oh I love pandas!
    Here I bought a cuddly panda bag (L) that I can hardly put it down!
    I believe it is a GREAT find for every panda fanatic!
    hkpanda.freetzi.com
    Flor
    floreshayes@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete